Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Day for Disaster

No, don't worry, I'm fine. The disaster in question was for the science teacher next door. She broke a mercury thermometer in her classroom during lunch. Those of you who know your science know this is a big deal. She couldn't go into her classroom the rest of the day (still don't know when she'll be able to get back in), and a crew came in, with white suits and everything. Way more drama than a teacher needs.

I've now met all my students. The sixth graders are adorable! And they know stuff about fractions that I would have paid to see my PA8 classes understand last year.

The plan is that I'll take over one of the 8th grade classes next week. They're pretty much just reviewing for their state test in May from here on out, but on some topics, they need a more in-depth review -- almost a re-teach. Tomorrow will be a good day for planning, because of a Drug Awareness activity that's going on for the 8th - 12th grade students through most of the day. Between that and the prep period, I'll hopefully be able to get next week planned -- maybe even start on the next, if my coop. teacher and I decide which class I'll add that week.

I definitely need the weekend, though. I just haven't caught up from the lack of sleep Sunday night, so I'm dragging a little. Now that I'm a little more "in the flow" things should be fine. It'd be nice if the weather would warm up just a little, too. Like just about every other school I've ever been in, the climate-control in this one leaves something to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment