Friday, March 04, 2005

2 1/2 Days & Counting!

Yes, in 2 1/2 days I begin my student teaching assignment. Of course, the first day won't exactly "count" since it's IEP writing day. (What a concept! A school where every single student requires an IEP, therefore they dedicate a whole day to it.) That should be very educational, though, since I have very limited experience with IEPs. I was the designated "regular classroom teacher" in a couple meetings at my old job, but had little to do with any of it. I was actually involved more with meetings about 504 accommodations, but even that wasn't too frequent.

My cooperating teacher emailed me today. She's told all the students that I'm coming next week, and says they're all very excited. (Hopefully this is at least somewhat true.) At least she's hearing as well, so the students are used to that, and I can probably put aside my paranoia about whether they'll accept me. My thoughts are all over the place on this -- I'll have to write more once I've straightened it out a little.

One very good thing about my first day being faculty-only -- I just realized I haven't signed since February 23rd. I'll need to get back in that groove, and I'd rather do it conversationally with other teachers than students I'm really trying to convey information to.

I'll be sure to give a full report Monday night. (Are Mom and Dad even reading this? Eh, I'll probably call anyway...)

No comments:

Post a Comment