Thursday, March 17, 2005

All I See is Green

St. Patrick's Day came and went without too much incident. Some of the students were really decked out, and I got a green-frosted cupcake from one of my students. :-)

The review baseball went okay yesterday. My cooperative teacher had positive comments and some good suggestions. We're going to continue tomorrow, with the other team up to bat. Next week, when I take over the other 8th grade class, I think I'll change it a little. That class just consists of 3 boys, so splitting into two teams would be a little awkward. I'm thinking I'll make each class one team, and keep track of the points each class scores each day. I'll have to modify the rules a little, but I think it'll be better, because then I can help a little more.

I've also been working with some of the other students individually -- sort of acting as a T.A. Communication is still holding up pretty well, although I also still have to keep my brain really turned on to stay with it. It's weird how I'm getting used to being extremely ASL with one student, then talking with signing more as a support to another. (Fortunately, this is in different classes -- if I'm addressing one whole class, I can't exactly be switching around to fit each individual.)

Tomorrow's Friday! I'm definitely ready for the weekend -- I'd almost forgotten how much energy teaching takes out of me. Planning on having dinner with some friends Saturday night, too, so that'll be a nice chance to relax and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment