Thursday, April 06, 2006

Return of the Ace Interviewee

I had my New Mexico interview this morning, and WOW, did that feel better! Somehow, the questions just felt more relevant and answerable. In short, it didn't feel like some kind of oral exam.

Also, something I realized that bothered me about the Fremont interview -- considering I had to send a big packet to them with an application, resume, letters of recommendation, and transcripts, I didn't get the feeling from the interviewers that they came into the meeting knowing anything about me.

New Mexico, on the other hand, had copies of my application and resume in their hands. So there were expected forms of questions, "We noticed such-and-such on your application..." then ask a question to follow-up or go deeper about something.

It felt good. It felt like all the other job interviews I've ever been on (besides Fremont) ... which have always resulted in job offers.

Here's hoping my SCPI earlier this morning went as well. (Also felt good, but so hard for me to tell...)

1 comment:

  1. wow. you've been busy. hope all is going well. you're always red and I know over booked, so haven't wanted to bother you IMing, but been thinking of you and wishing you the best with interviews and relocation (one c or two?) plans. keep the updates coming.

    peace. 

    ReplyDelete