Friday, March 31, 2006

2 Down, 1 to Go

Well, I've gotten the Fremont interview out of the way, and I sent my interview-by-email back to JMA last night.

The Fremont intervew ... I honestly have no idea how it went. They had all these on-the-spot questions of, "Give me three ways you would teach this... give me four examples of this ..." All stuff I could have thought of great answers for, given a little time. (I came up with answers, incidentally, but it took me a little time, and they probably weren't the best examples I could have given.)

And really, is the mark of a good teacher the ability to rattle off answers off the top of your head? Yes, teacher's should be able to think on-the-spot, particularly so they can take advantage of "teachable moments," but great teachers put a lot of thought and effort into their lesson plans.

Like I said, though, I have no idea what they thought of my answers ... or my signing for that matter. Being nervous and being on-camera (videophone) probably didn't do me any favors, but they certainly seemed to understand everything I said.

The nice thing: Fremont isn't really my absolute #1 choice, so I can consider this a warm-up to next week's interview with New Mexico (which is my top choice). Besides, I've heard that Fremont is the toughest in interviews, so it can only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment