Friday, April 28, 2006

Finally Legal!

No, not me -- my car. Finally got it registered. Kind of seems silly to get New York plates two months before I leave the state, but it was that or risk getting busted by another state's highway patrol on the cross-country journey. (If New York cops didn't spot it in eight months -- even when one was right behind me -- I don't think they were ever going to.)

So, I have now rechristened "Velma" (from Utah plate containing VEL) as "Death Wish" (NY plate containing DNR -- get it?)

Death Wish doesn't actually have a death wish, though. She's really feeling much better, now that she's had an oil change and her tires rotated. They even put her through the wash at no additional charge.

Meanwhile, things are moving along. Less than a month before I graduate. Really only about a month and a half of teaching left -- after June 13th, there are no high school classes, just Regents Exams. Some projects and papers to worry about, but I'm getting there.

In some ways, I'm ready to just be done and headed home, but like I keep saying, it'd be even nicer if I could take some of the people here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment