Monday, February 28, 2005

Quick Notes

  • Hmm... Like many other bloggers, I'm finding the "commenting" process annoying. Found some hacks that should improve it. Play with it later.
  • It's official! An A in History of American Educational Thought & Practices means a 4.0 for my 20 credits this quarter (and almost a 3.9 cumulative thanks to that one B last quarter ... my own fault, though).
  • The TV series Numb3rs is having a bad/good effect on me (the value judgment depends on your perspective). I'm getting the urge to get back into some higher mathematics. Teaching helped deepen a lot of my math foundations, so maybe I'm more ready to tackle the heavy stuff now. I should snag my Abstract Algebra textbook next time I go home for a visit.
  • The boys downstairs are being noisy again. Amazing how their voices carry. We never hear any of the upstairs neighbors.
  • Now I have to head off to the Dougherty's. It's snowing, and I haven't been there before. Hopefully the roads will be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Go for it !(the higher math, that is). Thanks for the comment on the Geomblog: nice to hear from people who read it.

    My mother is a math teacher as well and has taught blind children in the past (she knows braille). Teaching deaf kids must be quite challenging...

    ReplyDelete