Saturday, May 13, 2006

Taking Pride in the Small Things

I just unclogged a toilet for the very first time all by myself.

I looked on the internet for advice/techniques before tackling it. Some of the horror stories got me pretty nervous -- especially since I had nightmares when I was little about overflowing toilets flooding and destroying the house. (I don't even want to know what a dream analyst would claim that means.) But when I finally tried, it took less than two minutes, no problem.

Go, me.

I guess this means if there's any toilet cloggage when I'm home in July, I can't make Kerstin deal with it.

Now I can go to bed.

3 comments:

  1. WHAT!?   You mean to say that you've been there for 20-something months and you've never had to deal with a clogged toilet? I'm amazed. It also shocks me to know that there's always been someone else to take care of the dirty work when you were here at home. I never realized that.

    As long as you have the right kind of plunger, it's usually not that bad.  

    Posted by Big Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think we had a clogged toilet once or twice before while I've been here, but I think it was when Jen's boyfriend was here. He tends to do the fun stuff like take out the garbage and vacuum when he's around. :)

    And I don't think we DO have the right kind of plunger (with the inner cup part), but it worked okay. 

    Posted by MathPro411

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha yeah, toilet un-cloging is some serious business! You should be proud!!!!! (I've tried to unclog one... but no success! You really should be proud.

    ReplyDelete