Monday, April 11, 2005

Random Notes

  • The measurement lesson with the modified classes today was kind of so-so. Actually, 5/6 of the sixth grade class was fine. The fifth grade class was a little shakier, even though it was majorly simplified, but I think most of them got it in the end. A 40-minute (really 35-minute) class period just isn't quite long enough sometimes to emphasize and practice like they need to.
  • There I sat eating lunch, and right outside the window fly two red-tailed hawks, no more than 20 feet away. Benefits of the school's location right above a river? Mom will be jealous; it's apparently common to see them out the windows.
  • My federal tax refund has been direct-deposited into my account! $$ is good to have.
  • I just made my flight reservations for next month. I'm going to try flying Delta this time, connecting through Cincinnati (oh, the memories!) Arrive May 20th, 2:17 pm. Leave again June 4th, 8:29 am. (If it seems a little early, make the little sister drive me to the airport...)
  • The 8th grade quiz -- interesting mistakes were made. Always enlightening to see who's clueless and who's just not careful. (Not one got through the whole quiz rounding as directed.)
  • The 6th grade -- test on Wednesday ... it'll be interesting to see what they remember and what falls out of their brains between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment